The village of Alden Bridge is named after a town located in north central Bossier Parish, that former president of The Woodlands Development Company Robert L. Galatas, actually grew up near. Although little remains of Alden Bridge, La. except a few buildings, a cemetery and a church, it once functioned with great importance as the logging and oil field center of Louisiana.
So how did the town of Alden Bridge, LA get it’s name?
John & Priscilla Alden arrived in America on the Mayflower in 1620. In 1806, Isaac Alden a reported relative of John and Priscilla moved his family to Louisiana from Oneida, New York. Isaac’s son Philo built a bridge over Cypress Bayou. Alden’s bridge gave residents of the area a better way to cross the creek and access to the overland highway to carry grain and other products from a grist mill Philo and his sons operated enabling the community to develop into an successful center of commerce.
The Village of Alden Bridge is one of the largest in The Woodlands and opened in April 1995. It was designed and developed to include amenities that make resident’s quality of life more comfortable. Similar to its namesake it also has a bridge as it’s focal point with galvanized steel roofs with stone and brick facades on the bathhouse and picnic pavilion that are reminiscent of buildings constructed in the early 1900s. There’s a nostalgic feel to remind it’s residents of the small town of Alden Bridge, La. where people worked together to build a community in which they could love, work, play and learn.
Keller Williams The Woodlands | 281-960-1900