Houston Market Report – January 2014With the first days of February under our belts, it’s safe to say that housing has managed to weather the heart of winter with little issue. Although 2014 activity may appear sluggish compared to gang buster 2013, housing has stabilized and should continue to find moderate footing. Look for some signs of inventory and sales activity thawing, but keep your jacket handy as activity always varies by location and segment.
In the Houston region, for the week ending February 9:
• New Listings increased 3.0% to 2,138
• Pending Sales increased 9.3% to 1,672
• Closed Sales decreased 2.8% to 855
For the month of January:
• Median Sales Price increased 16.4% to $174,000
• Days on Market decreased 21.9% to 57
• Percent of Original List Price Received increased 1.7% to 95.3%
Information courtesy of:
The numbers above represent the greater Houston area.Would you like to know what is happening in your neighborhood?
Would you like to know the value of your home?
Do you need help deciding whether to sell or not or would you like to know if now is the right time to buy?I am very happy to get you that information.Just click Reply and let me know.
Total Views: 3096 ,
Houston Market Report | January 2014