In any Real Estate Market, both a buyer’s or seller’s market, you have to know, and know well, in order to make your home stand out in the crowd, you must have your home or townhome ready for the Real Estate Market the moment it appears on the MLS (multiple listing service) and other websites. If you are not ready, doing so will place your home in The Woodlands at a distinct disadvantage and it could end up costing you thousands of dollars in the sales price or even possibly delay the sale of your home. Submitting a home to the MLS when it is not ready would cause undue stress and this is something I would not want to wish upon you. Patience and a little elbow grease will save you cash and put it back in your wallet!!
Before you sign any listing agreement with a Realtor, please make sure your home in The Woodlands is ready to stand out and compete with the others by paying really close attention to the small details.
Should I Remodel?
Many homeowners in The Woodlands ask me what type of improvements provide the biggest bang for the buck, or return on investment for some of you. How much would a remodel increase the homes value? I want to share a few general ideas that you may consider if your home seems to be stuck in the olden days and original to the homes construction many years ago.
- I believe kitchen improvements that include cabinetry replacement or refacing, new tile on the floors and backsplash and a countertop redo along with the latest in appliances will speed up the sale of any home. It is the most used area of the home just above the master bath.
- Next, Bathroom updates are also a good place for improvements. Today’s buyer wants a clean area, free from old and tired tubs and showers, new faucets and valves. Getting your master to a Spa like feel is really good. Don’t forget the simple adds like a towel warmer, heated tile floors, and multiple shower heads create the sense of Luxury!
Cost-Effective Quick Fixes!
- Remember, First Impressions? They count. Focus on curb appeal
- Power wash that driveway and sidewalks
- Paint exterior
- Professional cleaners just before listing
- Get rid of ALL noticeable odors
- De-clutter all closets and cabinets. Create the sense of space
- Replace stained or worn out carpets
- Choose nice paint colors that everyone would want to have
- Stage your home to highlight the best features
- To really impress your buyers, have your home inspected before listing and repair all the defects found on the report. (You may have to do it anyway!!)
Stand out in the Crowd!
Take care of the details prior to listing your home in The Woodlands. You will position your property properly and will get buyers to notice quickly generating a quicker offer and a higher offer price. I can help. Call me to schedule your home evaluation and get your home ready to hit the market and get the best cash you can!
Keller Williams The Woodlands | 281-960-1900