You probably bought your The Woodlands, TX home for many reasons. Perhaps you needed a larger space, or knew you wanted to stay in The Woodlands, TX area more permanently. Regardless of what went into your purchase, one motivation was most likely investment. The Woodlands, TX real estate(and real estate in general) is a great way to invest your money. You want to protect that investment right? Of course. That is why it is important to keep your The Woodlands, TX home well-maintained. Not only does this save you money in repairs, it will also help you get a higher return on investment when the day comes that you want to sell your home. Here are tips for maintaining your The Woodlands, TX home:
- DOORS AND WINDOWS: Replace or repair exterior windows or doors as needed. Patch screens and swap out panes that are cracked. Check the caulking around windows to make sure everything is sealed correctly and not cracking or pulling away. This will also save money on utility bills.
- FAUCETS: Check the faucets in bathrooms, the kitchen, the utility room, and wherever else you have them, including outdoor spigots. Make sure they are not leaking or working improperly. If there’s an issue, determine the cause and fix it before it turns into something larger (and more expensive).
- TOILETS: Check toilets to make sure they are flushing and refilling correctly. Look inside and around the tank to make sure there are no cracks or leaks.
- WASHER AND DRYER: Check electrical cords, hoses (on a washer), and ducts (on a dryer). Fix or replace anything leaking. Remove any dryer lint trapped in the duct in order to prevent fire.
- ROOF: Make sure there are no broken or missing shingles if it is a shingled roof, and no cracks or problems otherwise. Checks in crevices and eaves for nests and hives and remove anything found. Trim branches that hang down and touch roof.
- SIDING AND WOOD: Pressure spray the siding and any wood decks or porches. This will not only keep everything looking nicer, it will help the materials last longer and protect from decay.
Hopefully these basic tips help you maintain your The Woodlands, TX home well and protect your investment the best you can. If you have any questions about home maintenance or would like to speak with me about buying or selling in The Woodlands, TX, please contact me today.